News and innovations published by German exhibitorsback to overview
Agritechnica 2019 will have a key focus on sustainability when the trade fair takes place in Hanover, Germany from 10th to 16th November. The event’s organiser, the DLG (German Agricultural Society), has announced there will be a special feature, “Smart Future Farming – Protecting Yield and Nature”, that will highlight methods and technology that can help farmers meet legal frameworks and aims on resource protection while maintaining appropriate yield and income.
The new initiative is aligned with Agritechnica’s guiding theme for 2019, "Global Farming – Local Responsibility", which has been chosen to point visitors towards a sustainable future for agriculture. This will require sufficient food to be produced for a growing world population while natural resources are conserved, something that can only be done by using the latest innovative and smart technologies adapted to meet the local conditions found in agricultural regions around the world.
Particular areas of focus are likely to include:
• protecting the soil by adapting tillage and sowing practices;
• improving crop protection using forecasting models and alternative application methods;
• innovative irrigation systems;
• low-loss fertiliser management and emission-reducing application technologies; and
• reducing soil compaction.
Exhibitor: DLG e.V.